Friday, April 18, 2014

Happy Weekend!

       Good morning World! happy weekend! In the mist of all the celebrations and holiday, let's not forget the reason for the season and its all about Jesus Christ; His love for us, the cross and the sacrifice He made for us. So for whatever its worth, take out time to reflect on your time spent here on earth this weekend, where you are, where you have started from and where you are going to.
      This post was supposed to be on the "Throwback Thursday" but I had some issues with my modem but thank God its better now. Enjoy, remain blessed and take charge!




Change Lanes


         "God!!! You said in your words 'ask and it shall be given, seek and you shall find, knock and the door shall be opened"I have been asking, seeking and knocking since the beginning of this year and You haven't done anything I have asked for.
"God oh! At the beginning of this year, I wrote what I wanted you to do for me. The year is almost over, the list is still untouched". I was in church, when someone gave a testimony that her too wrote a list at the beginning of the year and before June, You had done everything on her list.
God! Are you now a respecter of persons? Didn't you say 'what You do for one, You will do for another'? God! I am holding you to that list, if the year runs out without my answers, then You owe me big time!
        "Jesus! You said 'ask anything in my name, that would I do' I asked for rest, peace and deliverance". All my life, I have been struggling, day after day am in agony. Instead, I see my mates ahead of me. I see them enjoying and am here getting tossed around by life. Is this what I asked for? You have given stone for bread and a serpent for water? God! Are you now a man that you lie? Have you called me to play with me or crush my spirit? Have you seen me in a witch doctor's shrine? So why don't you answer me. God I am tired!
         Holy Spirit! Where are you? Isn't it written that 'You are my helper, that I wouldn't be left comfortless.' From the start of this year, have you helped me at all? Everything was by struggle, or are the forces of darkness stronger? Is there something bigger than God? Holy Spirit, tell God to prove Himself or else we are over! The year is coming to an end. I want my own testimony ummmh!
        "Is there no one that would worship me for who I am? Is there no one that loves me enough to trust me?" "Is there no one that would praise me?" "Is there no one that can give me what I cant give myself? Do they know how I fight for them and keep them from destruction?" Do they know how many times the devil has desired them but I say 'no'. Is this the thanks I get? "Where is the thanksgiving?"Where are the tokens of thanks? "Where is the incense of thanksgiving?" Where are my praises? Is there no one to thank me for my mercies, forgetting it is by my mercies they are not consumed? They only come when they need me, forget me when the road is smooth and get angry when I don't answer them when they want it, ignorant of the fact that I am preparing something greater! Oh my people perish because of lack of knowledge!"
         We sleep, we wake up, that is more than enough to be thankful. God may not come when you want Him to but He is always on time. "You are who You are, no matter where I am. Every tear I cry, You hold in your hands. You never left my side, though my heart is torn, I will  praise you in the storm"  A line from the song title Praise You In The Storm by Casting Crowns.
        Despite the situation, despite the trials, the waiting, pain and tears....Praise! When you learn to praise despite the 'despites' God will honour you.
         I dare you to say 'thank you God' everyday till the end of the year just for been alive. Change lanes; be thankful!

No comments: