Thursday, March 20, 2014

Throwback Thursday!!!!!!!!!

 Evening everyone! its throwback Thursday once again, time to go back in time and bring up a piece from way back. I hope you do enjoy reading it.



                               'Stand in the Rain'                          




     Woke up this morning by 4:30am,wonder why?ha! yes, my mum has a flight to catch.Since the light situation has been epileptic; thank God for the alternatives!phew! (please radical Nigerian youths yearning for a better Nigeria hurry up!) and there was light and the water level in the house was low.

     I decided to go outside to pump some more.When I put on the machine,it gave an awkward noise indicative of the fact that there was no water in the sunken tank below so I decided to connect it with the alternate tank but as soon as I put my hands on the valve,the Windows of Heaven were opened and it started pouring.

     With my first reaction,I was already in the house,screaming;'my hair,my hair,my hair' for real my hair. I closed the door behind me and was already heading to my bed and suddenly got hit by a brick wall of logical thinking (thank you Holy Spirit) I could go back to bed,amen to that or go out and work out the valves connection after all how many more minutes of sleep can you get before the day begins,or if you think the water level in the house is enough but somehow a tap(s) mysteriously opens and the water finishes in the house and God forbids mum has soap in her eyes when it happens...paused for a bit and went back outside with an umbrella and it was as if the rain was waiting for me because when I went out the intensity increased,opened the umbrella and it went all the way up. 

        I got smacked by the rain,didn't spend up to 5 minutes outside but when I got in, I was like a 'fish out of water' was drenched and I thought it would be more comfortable in the rain. 

        Walked to my room dripping water and as I was changing my clothes, a song popped into my head...'Stand in the Rain' by Superchick,I laughed and who says God does play with His kids.Certain lyrics of the song stood out..."Stand in the rain,stand your ground,stand up when its all crashing down,stand through the pain,you wouldn't drown,the only way out is everything she's running from". 

      So there I was standing in rain,standing my ground...I had to pump the water,the rain crashing my sleep and me,standing through the pain of cold water on a cold morning on my skin and the only way out in the first place was go outside even though it was raining.

      As we go through our different paths in life,situations arise that are unfavourable and every bad word in the dictionary can be used to describe it.Stand your ground,don't give in even if the only way out is the last thing you ever thought you will do or the last option in your list. With God as your foundation stand strong and I bet in the next 5 years or 7 years you will look back and laugh about it or at least it would make a good story for your kids. 

      In life,we learn a lot if only we listen and as Children of God the Holy Spirit is always ready and willing to teach us if we only be quiet and attentive to Him. Even as you reach your citadel of your achievement,don't forget the simple things of life,love God and everything else falls in place because in the end,the concluding sentence to describe a great man/ woman,an achiever,a poor man/woman,a "unachiever",a successful man/woman or an unsuccessful one would be ' he/she died' and that's where it counts for eternity. Peace.

No comments: